Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Experiencing Ubuntu

Got myself Ubuntu (and it's free! I know I'm outdated, but still!) last week (or last, last week? *shrugs*). Anyway, I tried experimenting it by using Virtual Box and yes, I was TOTALLY amazed.

I like how Ubuntu lets users to either TRY the Ubuntu or INSTALL the Ubuntu. Unlike any other OS they just prompt you to install, ne?

The log in screen once you create your own profile.

The interface looks like Mac OS.

One more thing that I like about Ubuntu is that it automatically provides users some widgets for Twitter, MSN, Facebook, Torrents and etc without bothering to install them.
Hey, not to forget the WORKSPACE (the small boxes at the bottom right near the Recycle Bin)! I like the idea of having different platforms although I've never use it. =P

I'm still quite new to Ubuntu (because I'm a Windows user) and still 'WOW'-ing at almost everything that I explore in Ubuntu.

And I'm still can't get over the fact that Ubuntu is made using C++ language. Hey, I've learn C++ last year, but I almost can't believe C++ can pull out something like this!


P/s: And yes, you can ignore the fact that I keep on using the same picture of Hollow Ichigo (Shirosaki, Shiro or Hichigo, whatever fan names that he got). BECAUSE HE'S BADASS/HOTTER/COOLER THAN ICHIGO, DAMMIT! The picture is my personal favorite.

No comments:

Post a Comment